Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kashmiri Cherries In A Leaf Cup

That there are vendors hawking everything all over the place goes without saying, but the ones that were most enticing to me were the ones selling roasted corn on the cob and the ones selling little leaf cups filled (or so I thought) with delicious looking cherries, tiny apricots or some other kind of berry (goji berries maybe?).

The cherries looked so good I got some to munch on while we were on the boat. I handed over my 20 rupees and the guy handed over a little cup made of leaves with ripe red cherries.

We put on our lifejackets, climbed onto the boat and headed out onto the lake. The cherries were sweet and yummy but after eating down a layer, I realized that the little leaf cup had a little leaf shelf inside that effectively delivered half the cherries I thought I was going to get! Since Rajiv wasn't eating any cherries it was enough for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment