Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lassi Walla Outside Income Tax Office

It's mango season and I was craving a mango lassi so when Rajiv had to go to the Income Tax Office, I came along hoping to find a lassi walla while we were out. The street next to the big ITO is filled with vendors of everything from fruit juice to legal books and typists. While Rajiv and Brahm Datt went inside, the driver and I looked around for mango lassis.

No mango lassis were to be found so I settled for a regular lassi. It's quite a procedure to make one and it hits the spot on a hot hot day. Rajiv thinks I'm going to die one of these days as the concept of hygiene among Indian street food vendors isn't up to even NYC hot dog cart standards, but I carry emergency Imodium, I take my probiotics every day and I've been fine so far!

After the lassi we checked out the other snacks on offer and I tried a mung bean samosa. It's basically a fried dumpling made of cooked mung beans - not much to write home about, kind of bland but the green chutney and radish on the side perked it up a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment