Thursday, May 21, 2009

Boutique Prints, Paul Masson & Power Lines in Bangladesh



Now I know where all the Paul Masson wine in carafes has gone.
I never thought I would go to Bangladesh once let alone twice, but I had the opportunity to tag along on one of Rajiv's business trips so why not??

We flew out of Delhi last Thursday on a non-stop flight to Dhaka. Some guy who wants Rajiv to do some work with him had arranged to pick us up at the airport (we were to look for the guy "wearing a half white shirts with Boutique Print and brown color pant") We wondered what in the world a "boutique print" would look like but, thankfully, every other person at the arrival area was wearing a solid color shirt. I snuck a picture of the shirt in the car in case anyone else was wondering what one looks like.

Traffic was worse than when I last came in 2006, but the rickshaws were just as colorful and the electrical system just as dangerous looking.

We stayed in the posh Pan Pacific Sonargaon hotel in a suite that was bigger than some NYC apartments I've lived in. Paul Masson Chablis and Burgundy were the only wines on offer in the lounge though.

No comments:

Post a Comment