Sunday, March 7, 2010

Public service announcements

Driving around Delhi can get you down for any number of reasons (insane traffic, beggars at the intersections, filth everywhere, incessant honking, metro construction) but one thing that always makes me smile when I see it is a public service announcement.

They're usually hand-painted on a wall or on the side of a building; they're usually in Hindi and the meaning is sometimes puzzling to me but they always catch my eye. Here are a couple I got fairly good shots of the other day. I'd like to know exactly what the one with the bugeyed guy and the pill is for!

1 comment:

  1. We (Julian and I) think the first sign's purpose is to increase people's awareness about bad breath. The second sign is an advertisement for an energy pill. The guy looks tired. Either that, or it's for a hangover remedy...

    ReplyDelete