Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fleischkäse and back in India again


It's been a while since I last wrote but I've been busy. I moved from Denver back to Ithaca (well, my belongings are there at least) spent 6 weeks in France / Italy / Switzerland, a month in New Jersey (but let's not talk about that), welcomed new twin nieces and celebrated New Year's Eve in Germany before landing in Delhi on Jan. 6 at 1:30am to an airport filled with smog and Christmas music on the PA system.

Lots of exciting things have happened (when I have time I'll post the video of karaoke night at the Broken Spoke in Dodge City, KS) but the recent culinary high point has been my introduction to Fleischkäse - flesh cheese. It tastes good, better than it sounds and I like saying it again and again. Fleischkäse Fleischkäse Fleischkäse

It was during our brief stop in Mutterstadt (outside Frankfurt) to visit Rajiv's cousins (who are really great BTW) that I got my first taste of this German delicacy. Next time I hope to taste handkäse (some kind of stinky cheese concoction) which Nils, my German brother-in-law and father of the above-mentioned twins, told me about. Then again, maybe he doesn't like me and is setting me up for something nasty!

I'm mostly over the jetlag now so expect more exciting posts soon. We're going to check the progress on the apt. in Gurgaon tomorrow. I have low expectations...stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment