Tuesday, January 12, 2010

All in a day's work?!

The day got of to a creepy crawly start as I discovered an erupting nest of termites in the closet when I moved some papers. That caused a minor uproar as we had to have everything cleared out and cleaned up. The closet needs to be gutted and replaced and I have a newfound love of rubber gloves!

That crisis under control (sort of) we went back to Gurgaon to the apt. again. Here's what my future bedroom currently looks like. Admittedly some imagination is required....

From there we drove through the outskirts of Gurgaon to see someone. The roads are terrible so it's slow going which gave me ample opportunity to grab a shot of a garbage pile nourishing some stray cows, dogs and pigs (fleischkase anyone???)

While glumly contemplating why Indians have so little concern for their country and anticipating stopping to visit a furnishings showroom to look at sinks and faucets we got a call from the guard downstairs that there was trouble at home...

Ramu was drunk and fighting with Indra. The guard locked them up in separate rooms until we got back. The culprit ... Stud Whisky. I could make a cliche joke about firewater and Indians but that would be in very poor taste wouldn't it?

For anyone who's interested, $1.10 (50Rs) will buy you one pint of Stud Whisky. To put that in some sort of perspective, I just paid 625 Rs or over $13 for 8 rolls of TP.

For anyone else who might be wondering what in the heck I am doing here, I will save that answer for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment