Sunday, May 15, 2011

From Blizzard to Bermuda

I returned to a winter wonderland with perfect snowman snow! We had a great time building snowmen, my niece & I built a snowman in a tree and Dad, brother-in-law, nephew and niece built a 9-foot snowman!


After a week back home I was off again, this time to beautiful Bermuda. The purpose of the trip was to check out prospective wedding locations but my wonderful, loving fiance suggested I invite my sisters along so I would have some company (since he was stuck back in India wrangling laborers). Since my sisters' (who are twins) were celebrating their 40th birthday in March I thought it would be a great occasion for an all-sisters' reunion / birthday celebration.

this is what happens when the kids
are left home with Dad for 5 days!
With the support of my awesome brother-in-laws who stepped up to the plate to take care of my 8 nieces & nephews (who are between 18 months and 11 years old) we met up in New Jersey picked up some bottles in duty free and were off!

Where are my kids again?

It was the first time the four of us were alone together without husbands or kids. Even though it wasn't quite warm enough yet to go swimming we had a great time on the sandy beaches of Bermuda. We stayed at the Elbow Beach Resort which is absolutely beautiful. It's right on the beach, set on parklike grounds and it would be the perfect wedding location!
The most memorable taste treat we discovered in Bermuda was the Dark 'n Stormy (which is not pictured here, this is a mojito in a to-go cup)




the best sisters in the world!


This is what we woke up to the day after we got back home...

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, you are the 'best sisters in the world.' It was an amazing, unforgettable trip. THANK YOU!! And the snow melted away, leaving only the memories of pink sand, portugese men-of-war, and blue, blue ocean.

    ReplyDelete